Seasonal grated pie with apples and pears: how to make a popular pastry
Traditional grated pie can be made truly autumnal. To do this, put seasonal apples and pears in the filling. The fruit will add juiciness and a pleasant sweet and sour flavor to the dough.
The idea of making a seasonal grated pie with apples and pears is published on the tastystories.feed culinary page on Instagram. The advantage of this dessert is that you can prepare it very quickly and effortlessly, because you just need to grate the dough.
Ingredients for the dough:
- egg yolks - 6 pcs
- sugar - 150 g
- butter (at room temperature) - 150 g
- milk - 3 tbsp
- baking powder - 10 g
- flour - 500 g (you can take a little more)
- apples - 1.5 kg
- pear - 1-2 pieces
- juice of half a lemon
- sugar - 100 g
- proteins - at least 6, preferably 9 pcs
Method of preparation:
1. Beat the yolks with sugar. Put the whites in the refrigerator.
2. Add soft butter and milk.
3. Gradually add the flour and baking powder and knead with your hands until the dough becomes elastic and does not stick to your hands.
4. Put a third of the dough in the freezer. Put the rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
6. Wash the apples and peel and core them.
8. Peel the pear and cut it into small cubes.
9. Put everything in a frying pan, add lemon juice and sugar.
10. Simmer over low heat until the liquid evaporates.
11. Beat the whites until they form stiff peaks (if you turn the bowl with the whites upside down, the whites will not leak out).
12. Grease a baking sheet with butter and sprinkle with a little flour.
13. Roll out the dough around the perimeter of the baking sheet.
14. Spread the filling on top.
15. Rub in half of the dough from the freezer.
16. Spread the whites on top.
17. Rub the last piece of dough from the freezer.
18. Put it in a preheated oven to 170 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
You can also find more recipes on OBOZREVATEL: