Seasonal bruschetta with cream cheese and bell peppers that is ready in just a few minutes
Seasonal bell peppers are suitable not only for stuffing and salads but also for delicious bruschettes. Such a dish can be a very nutritious breakfast, a snack or a festive appetizer.
The idea of cooking bruschettas with bell peppers is published on the Instagram page of food blogger Natalia with the nickname talli_sun. The peppers become very tender and have a pleasant sweetish flavor.
- red bell pepper - 2 pcs
- olive oil - 3-4 tbsp.
- garlic - 2 cloves
- water - 60-70 ml
- salt - 1/2 tsp.
- sugar - 1 tbsp.
- ginger - 1/2 tsp.
- white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) - 3-4 tbsp.
- cream cheese
- basil leaves
Method of preparation:
1. Slice the peppers into straws.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add garlic (crushed or finely chopped) and pepper.
3. Roast for 3-4 minutes (making sure the garlic doesn't burn).
4. Add water, cover with a lid and cook for another 15 minutes on medium heat (add a little more water if necessary).
5. Remove the lid, add salt, sugar, ginger and vinegar and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and let cool.
7. Fry the ciabatta until golden (splash a little olive oil), smear with cream cheese, add mozzarella, top with peppers and sprinkle with chopped basil (or mint).
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: