Salty dumplings with cottage cheese: the best Ukrainian recipe
Homemade dumplings are prepared with different fillings. The traditional one is cottage cheese, which can be made sweet and salty. However, the most important thing is to prepare a successful soft and elastic dough, which will not fall apart.
- flour - 300 g (+100 g for kneading)
- water - 120-150 ml (room temperature)
- salt - 0.5 tsp.
- baking soda
- cottage cheese - 350 g
- lard - 100 g
- onion - 2 pcs
- sour cream - 200 g
- black pepper, dry garlic
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare the dough, dissolve salt in chilled water.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl, add baking soda and make indentations in the mixture. Gradually pour in water, stirring constantly with a spoon. Then knead the elastic dough with your hands, adding the remaining flour. Cover the finished dough with a napkin and leave it for 20 minutes.
3. To prepare the filling, mix cottage cheese, salt, pepper, dry garlic and fried onion.
4. Knead the dough, roll out into a layer and cut out circles. Make dumplings with filling.
5. Boil the dumplings.
6. Serve ready dumplings with scallions, onions and sour cream. Bon appetit!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: