Real Odesa forshmak: how to prepare a classic herring spread
Odesa forshmak is a popular yet budget-friendly herring spread. In the classic recipe, it is prepared with eggs and apples. Sometimes the appetizer is supplemented with carrots and cheese, but this is optional.
- medium-sized herring - 2 pcs.
- green apple - 1 pc.
- onion - 1 pc.
- boiled eggs - 2 pcs.
- white bread - 2-3 slices
- butter - 100 g
Method of preparation:
1. Remove the skin from the ready herring fillet and cut the product into smaller arbitrary pieces.
2. Pre-boil hard-boiled eggs, cut them in half when ready.
3. Cut off the crust of the bread, leaving only the soft part.
4. Remove the core from apples and cut randomly.
5. Grind all the prepared ingredients through a fine meat grinder. Grind the butter as well.
6. Mix the resulting mass thoroughly and enjoy your appetite!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: