Pickled garlic in red currants for the winter: how to prepare a snack
Pickled garlic is a savoury snack that will be a great addition to meat and a variety of your favourite dishes in winter. The product retains its spicy flavour, remains crispy and slightly sweet. After cooking, it can be eaten in three months.
- 12-14 heads of young garlic
- 500 g red currants + a few handfuls on the sprigs
- 3 tbsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- handful of black pepper peas
- cup of 9% vinegar (250 ml)
Method of preparation:
1. Divide the garlic into cloves, leave only 1 layer of husk or remove it altogether (if you remove it, it will have a blue tint).
2. Put the garlic in sterilised jars, sprinkling with bunches of currants.
3. For the marinade, cover 500 g of currants (without branches) with up to 1 litre of water (in a measuring cup or a labelled saucepan).
4. Add half the sugar and salt, all the pepper.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Press the berries, cook for another 2 minutes.
8. Strain, return the marinade to the pan, add the remaining sugar, salt and vinegar.
9. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
10. Pour the garlic with the boiling marinade, close the lids.
11. Turn over, let cool, put in the fridge or basement, cellar.
12. after 3 months, the garlic is ready. This portion makes 3-4 0.5-litre jars.
You can also find more recipes on OBOZREVATEL: