"Mother-in-law's tongue" salad from zucchini for the winter: how to prepare a popular appetizer
"Mother-in-law's tongue" is a canned vegetable salad, which is prepared exactly in July-August from zucchini or eggplant. This is a very juicy and spicy appetizer, which in winter will be a great addition to potatoes or porridge. You can also eat it as a snack with bread.
Ingredients for the marinade:
- 1 cup of oil
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 0.5 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
Method of marinade preparation:
1. Pour everything into the container where you will cook the salad and boil for 10 minutes.
2. Add 0.5 liters of tomato sauce.
- 3 large carrots
- 100 g garlic
- 1-2 hot peppers (optional). Can be replaced with ground black, allspice and ground cloves.
- 3 kg of zucchini
1. Cut carrots with garlic and pepper.
2. Cut zucchini into circles.
3. Put all the vegetables in the marinade.
4. Boil all for 20 minutes.
5. Spread into sterilized jars and wrap until cooled.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: