Mashed potatoes like in the best restaurant: the main secrets of preparation
Mashed potatoes in a restaurant are tender, without lumps, have an airy and light texture. It's not always possible to prepare such a dish at home, but there are a few tricks and secrets that will help.
Blogger Nick Esipenko(perekotykolya) on his Instagram page told how tender mashed potatoes are prepared in the best restaurants and shared some secrets of the perfect dish.
The key to successful mashed potatoes is quality ingredients. Restaurants in this case use the best.
The basic principles and techniques for cooking mashed potatoes are:
1. First, boil the potatoes in their skins to prevent water from penetrating.
2. After boiling, the potatoes are peeled while hot and put through a ricer - a potato peeler. It resembles a garlic press, but is slightly larger in size.
3. Place the resulting mixture in a saucepan and remove as much moisture as possible over low heat.
4. Butter should be cold: the colder the butter, the more fluffy the texture of the mashed potatoes. It is cut into small cubes and gradually mixed into the potatoes.
7. As a rule, pepper is not added to the dish.
8. For brilliance, mashed potatoes are supplemented with olive oil.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can familiarize yourself with recipes: