Irish mashed potatoes: what unusual things are added to the dish
Ireland also makes mashed potatoes. But it is significantly different from ours. It also contains the usual butter, milk, and herbs. The technology itself is radically different.
- 1.2 kg of potatoes
- a bunch of green onions
- 350 g of milk
- 55-100 g of butter
- salt and pepper
Method of preparation:
1. Peel, wash and boil the potatoes in salted water.
2. Finely chop the onion, add to the milk.
3. Put on fire and bring to a near boil.
4. Set aside to let the milk soak in the flavors of the herbs.
5. Mash the cooked potatoes, adding milk and onions.
6. Add a little butter, salt and pepper to the mashed potatoes.
7. When serving, put the mashed potatoes on plates, make a depression in the center and add pieces of butter.
You can also find recipes on OBOZREVATEL: