How to stuff peppers tasty and fast: a variant of a hearty lunch
Sweet bell peppers, which are in full season right now, can be a great base for a very satisfying and quick lunch. All you need to do is stuff the vegetable. Ordinary minced meat is ideal for this, and be sure to add sauce for juiciness.
The idea of cooking a hearty stuffed pepper for lunch was published on the Instagram page of food blogger Varvara with the nickname valerikiry. The dish is quite budget-friendly and will be enough for the whole family.
- rice - 100 g (water for it 200 g)
- minced meat - 300 g of pork and 300 g of veal
- carrots - 1 pc.
- onion - 1 pc.
- pepper - 8-10 pcs.
- Sauce: tomato juice - 500 ml, 2 tbsp of sour cream (mayonnaise)
- salt, pepper, bay leaves to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Cook the rice until half cooked (salt and cook after boiling for 10 minutes).
2. Sauté the diced onion and grated carrots for 3-4 minutes (add a few chopped garlic cloves if desired).
3. Combine the minced meat, cooked rice, onions and carrots, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Stuff the peeled peppers and put them in the pan.
You can also find recipes on OBOZREVATEL: