What to replace butter in a Kyiv-style cutlet with: an unexpected technology
A Kyiv-style cutlet is an iconic Ukrainian dish that is cooked all over the world. The top of the product has a crispy and golden crust, and when cut, delicate butter spreads all over the dish. There can be a lot of interpretations and ideas.
The idea of cooking a Kyiv-style cutlet with smoked mozzarella is published on the Instagram page of food blogger Valeria Demchuk (mrs.demenchuk). The meat becomes very tender and has a pleasant taste and aroma.
- smoked mozzarella mini - 1 packet
- minced meat - 500 g
- egg - 1 pc
- garlic - 2 cloves
- onion - 1 pc
- baton - 2 slices + milk for soaking
- salt/pepper - to taste
1. Tear the loaf into pieces and soak in milk.
2. Squeeze and add to the minced meat.
3. Grate onion and garlic. Add egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Cut smoked mozzarella in half.
5. Take a handful of minced meat, place a piece of mozzarella inside and pinch the edges together to form a cutlet.
6. Dip in breadcrumbs and fry in a pan with oil on both sides until golden.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can find recipes: