How to pickle watermelon for the winter with garlic and bay leaves
Preparing food for winter is in full swing. You can pickle not only apples, apricots and peaches but even watermelons. It makes a very spicy appetizer, which will be a great addition to the holiday table.
Method of preparing pickled watermelon:
1. Place spices in clean jars:
- bay leaves - 2 pcs
- cloves - 3 pcs
- aromatic pepper - 3 pcs
- garlic - 3 cloves
- dill - as desired
2. Cut the watermelon into even pieces and stack them in the jar not very tightly.
3. Add these ingredients per 3 liter jar:
- salt - 1 tbsp.
- sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Vinegar (9%) - 50 ml.
4. Fill everything with boiling water.
5. Sterilize the jars for 15 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can find recipes: