How to pickle tomatoes to make them sweet
Tomato canning season is in full swing. It is very tasty if the vegetables turn out a little sweet and moderately spicy. To do this, you need to boil a very simple marinade and add juicy bell peppers.
Ingredients for the marinade:
- 3.5 liters of water
- 15 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp salt (no salt)
- 250 ml of vinegar
In a 1.5 liter jar put:
- 4-5 pcs peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- bell pepper
1. Wash peppers, clean from seeds and cut into strips (like for salad).
2. Tomatoes should be tough. They need to be washed twice and dried.
3. Sterilize the jars beforehand.
4. Put peppercorns, bay leaf and chopped pepper in the bottom of the jar.
5. Put tomatoes.
6. Boil the marinade from all the listed ingredients.
7. Pour the hot marinade over the tomatoes, cover with lids and sterilize.
8. 1.5 L. jars should be sterilized for 5 minutes, 3 L - for 10 minutes.
9. Cover with lids, turn over and wrap until completely cooled.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can find recipes: