How to pickle cucumbers to make them crisp and firm: a recipe for a successful marinade
Pickled cucumbers are a delicious and successful snack for all occasions. To make the vegetables crispy, firm and not lose colour during pickling, they need to be properly prepared and a good marinade made.
- herbs: dill, horseradish, currant leaves
- bay leaves
- water - 1 l
- salt - 45 g
- sugar - 90 g
- vinegar - 100 ml
Method of preparation:
1. First, prepare the cucumbers, namely soak them in cold water for 3-6 hours. Then rinse thoroughly and cut off the tails.
2. Put the green leaves, bay leaves, peppercorns and garlic cloves in the bottom of a clean jar.
3. Then fill the jar with cucumbers. Fill the container with boiling water and leave it in this form until the water cools down to a warm state.
4. Then pour the water into a saucepan, add salt, sugar and vinegar. Bring everything to a boil. Fill the jars with the hot brine.
5. At this point, you can put the lid on the jars. Turn the containers with the cucumbers upside down, wrap them in something warm and leave them in this state until they cool completely. And you're done!
You can also find more recipes on OBOZREVATEL: