How to make young stewed cabbage for a snack
Young cabbage can serve as a base for stuffed cabbage, soups and light salads. It can also be delicious if stewed in a sauce with vegetables or meat. It holds its shape perfectly, is crispy and does not fall apart.
- young cabbage - 1 pc
- onion - 1 pc
- carrot - 1 pc
- flour - 1 tbsp.
- sour cream - 3 tbsp.
- tomato paste - 1 tsp.
- butter for frying
- green onion
Method of preparation:
1. Cut cabbage into four pieces, put into boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Prepare the sauce. To do this, chop the onion and grate the carrots. Fry everything together in butter.
3. Add flour, fry lightly and add sour cream. Stir and stew for a few minutes.
4. Add tomato paste. Stir and remove from the heat.
5. Transfer boiled cabbage to another pot, pour sauce on top and pour 1 tbsp of water in which the vegetable was boiled. Sprinkle chopped green onions on top. Stew on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Bon appetit!
Earlier OBOZREVATEL reported how to prepare a salad of young cabbage.