How to make pate from zucchini: a very simple and budget-friendly appetizer
In addition to casseroles, cakes, fritters and preserves - you can make pate from zucchini. It's a versatile appetizer that will only take you a few minutes to make. It's delicious simply smeared on bread.
- 400 g zucchini
- 1 small carrot
- 1 large onion
- 2 melted cheeses
- handful of fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt, pepper to taste
- handful of walnuts
- frying oil
1. Cut the zucchinis into small cubes. Chop the onion. Grate the carrots into a fine grater.
2. Fry the onions and carrots together in a pan with oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Then add the zucchini and fry all together for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Then salt, pepper, stir, cover with a lid and braise for another 5 minutes over medium heat.
5. Then add garlic, herbs, stir again and braise for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Then transfer the mixture to a deep bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
7. Toast the nuts on a dry pan and chop them.
8. Add the melted cheese to the cooled vegetable mixture and beat everything with a blender until smooth and puréed.
9. At the end add nuts and mix again, but with a spoon or spatula. Season with salt if desired.
10. Ready pate put away for a few hours in the refrigerator, well, and then serve, smeared on a piece of crusty bread, crouton, cracker, tartlet.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: