How to cook perfect homemade dumplings
Homemade dumplings will never compare with store-bought ones. However, when making such a dish, it is very important to make a soft and elastic dough. To do this, you should use the following technology.
The idea of preparing perfect homemade dumplings that do not fall apart is published on the page of food blogger Victoria with the nickname kelbas_v on Instagram. It is best to use assorted minced meat for the filling.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 500 g flour
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tbsp. oil
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 250 ml of warm water
Ingredients for stuffing:
- 400 g of assorted minced meat
- 1 large onion
- 50 ml water
- spices: 1 tsp salt + 0.5 tsp pepper
Dough preparation method:
1. Add egg, vegetable oil and salt to flour and stir a little with a spoon.
2. Add warm water (temperature 60-70°C) and knead a soft dough.
3. Knead for at least 5 minutes and let the dough rest for 30 minutes under a towel.
4. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
5. Sprinkle with flour and roll out.
6. Sprinkle the ravioli maker well with flour and place the dough.
7. To prevent the dumplings from falling apart, the dough should not be stretched very much.
8. Place balls of minced meat.
9. Cover the filling with a second layer of dough and pass a splinter over the future dumplings.
10. Turn over the dumplings and shake out the finished products.
11. Boil water.
12. Salt, add bay leaf and black pepper.
13. Put the dumplings in boiling water and stir occasionally so that the products do not stick together.
14. Once they have risen to the top, cook for another 5-7 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: