How to cook eggplants so they're not bitter: perfect for snacking
Eggplant is a very tasty yet hearty vegetable that makes a great lunch, snack or dinner dish for the whole family. You can roast them, bake them, add them to a stew or a salad.
- tomato juice
- Italian spices
Method of preparation:
1. First, carefully wash the eggplants and cut them into not thick equal rings.
2. In addition, sprinkle salt on the eggplants and leave in this form for 10 minutes. After that - rinse and dry the vegetables. This step is required in the case that the eggplants are not bitter.
3. At this stage make cross-cuts on the surface of the eggplants, salt them. Place them in a baking dish.
4. For the sauce, mix tomato juice, seasonings and herbs. Brush the eggplants with the sauce.
5. Cut mozzarella into cubes and place on each slice of eggplant.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: