Hot milk pie: a bake you'll make many times over
Hot milk pie is a classic recipe of American cuisine. The pastry turns out delicious, tender and flavorful. And thanks to the hot milk in the base is also moderately moist. The pie is very accessible, simple and quick to prepare.
- eggs - 2 pcs
- sugar - 125 g
- flour - 175 g
- leavening agent - 1 tsp.
- milk - 120 g
- butter - 35 g
- vanilla sugar - 1 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare the dough, add salt and sugar to the eggs. Beat the mass with a mixer for 5-10 minutes until a puffy light mass is formed.
2. Mix flour and baking powder. Gradually add to the egg mixture. It is important to mix everything gently with a spatula so that the mass does not settle.
3. Pour the milk into a saucepan and add the butter to it. Place on the stove and as soon as the butter has melted, add the vanilla sugar. Stir and bring to a boil, but do not boil.
4. Pour the hot milk immediately into the batter, mix everything quickly and thoroughly.
5. Pour the ready batter immediately into the mold. Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees Celsius for 35-40 minutes. Done!
Important to know:
- The most important thing in preparing the dough is to beat the eggs and sugar well.
- The finished dough should not stand at room temperature for long. It should be immediately poured into a mold and baked.
- During the baking process, it is not necessary to open the oven.
- After baking, the cake does not need to be taken out of the oven immediately, you should only open the door and leave the baking inside for another 10 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: