Homemade scones with cherries like fluff: how to make a fragrant pastry
Homemade scones are fragrant, soft, and fluffy for tea. Just like pies, they can be made with different fillings: poppy seed, cottage cheese, cherries, strawberries, blueberries, apples, marmalade, or cinnamon. But it is better to use yeast dough as a base.
- milk - 500 ml
- sugar - 6 tbsp.
- fresh yeast - 40 g
- butter - 50 g
- vegetable oil - 50 ml
- 4 egg yolks + 1 egg for grease
- flour - 700 grams
- salt - 0,5 tsp.
- fresh cherries - 1 kg
- sugar - 200 g
- starch - 1 tbsp.
- butter - 30 gr
- sugar - 100 g
- flour - 100 g
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare the sourdough you need to mix the yeast + 100 ml of milk + 2 tablespoons of flour. Stir everything and leave for 20 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the milk, the yolks whipped with sugar, salt and flour to the ready sourdough. Knead the dough and while kneading pour in vegetable oil. When ready, it should be elastic and not stick to your hands. Cover with a towel and leave for 1 hour.
3. Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll out into a circle. Cut it into 5*5 cm squares. Place 5-6 cherries, 1 tsp. sugar and a little starch on each square. Form a patty.
4. 4. Place the buns on a baking tray lined with parchment, cover with a towel and leave to rise for 20 minutes.
5. Before baking, brush the buns with beaten egg and sprinkle with sprinkles. Bake at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: