Hearty cutlets without bread and flour: what to replace the traditional components with
In order for cutlets to turn out puffy and juicy, bread is traditionally added to the mincemeat. They are also rolled in flour. However, the dish becomes very caloric because of these ingredients. Therefore, you can try to replace them.
The idea of cooking cutlets without bread and flour is published on the page of food blogger Victoria with the nickname kelbas_v on Instagram. According to this technology, semolina is added to the cutlets. Thus they turn out much healthier.
- 800 g minced meat
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 100 g semolina
- 100 ml water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- bay leaves and seasonings
Method of preparation:
1. Grate the onion into the minced meat on a fine grater.
2. Add semolina, water and egg.
3. Add salt and pepper and mix.
4. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Shape the cutlets with wet hands.
6. Heat a pan and add a little vegetable oil.
7. Fry the cutlets on both sides until browned.
8. Transfer to a saucepan and pour hot water over them.
9. Add bay leaves and seasonings.
10. Stew on low heat for 30 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: