Eggplant pate: how to prepare a budget and tasty appetizer
Eggplants are not only the basis for salads or stews but also for appetizers. One of them is pate or as it is also called baba ganoush. For a bright flavor, the dish is complemented with tahini, cilantro, and garlic. When ready, it is eaten with pita or just bread.
- eggplant - 3 medium pieces
- olive oil - 4-5 tbsp
- garlic - 1 head
- sesame seeds - 20 g
- parsley - 3-5 sprigs
- sour cream - 2 tbsp
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- ground pepper
- pomegranate seeds
- sun-dried tomatoes or cherries
- toasted sesame seeds
Method of preparation:
1. Peel garlic, wrap it in foil, and drizzle with olive oil. Put the eggplant next to it and prick it with a fork. Bake the vegetables at 240 degrees for 20 minutes.
2. Cool the baked vegetables and remove the flesh.
3. Add olive oil, lemon juice and sesame seeds to the bowl of a blender. Blend until well combined.
4. Then add eggplant and garlic and season with pepper. Blend again.
5. At the end, add sour cream and parsley leaves and blend again until smooth. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
6. Put the finished paste in a container and leave it in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set. Enjoy!
You can also find more recipes on OBOZREVATEL: