Delicious plum and apple jam for winter: ideal for filling pies and doughnuts
If you have this jam, you won't have to worry about filling doughnuts and pies on Christmas Eve. And for any other baked goods it is also suitable. The fruit mass turns out quite thick and has a pleasant sweet and sour flavor. And the most important thing is that it is prepared from only 4 components.
- 1 kg of plums (seedless)
- 1 kg of apples (peeled from seeds and tails)
- 50 ml of water
- 1.2 kg of sugar
Method of preparation:
1. Wash the plums and apples.
2. Remove the pips from the plums, cut out the tails and core from the apples and put them in a thick-bottomed saucepan.
3. Add the water, cover with a lid, put on the heat and cook until the apples and plums turn to mush - this will take about 40-1 hour. Stir occasionally.
4. Next, whisk everything with a blender and rub through a sieve.
5. Add sugar to the apple-plum mixture, stir and cook until thickened, stirring regularly to prevent sticking.
6. The jam will be thick, slowly drip off the spoon or spatula, and leave a trace on the surface, i.e. not immediately spread out. It will take about 2 hours - it all depends on the juiciness of the apples and plums.
7. Pour the jam into sterilized jars, screw on the lids.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: