Delicious muffins with rhubarb for tea: how to make a puffy dough
Rhubarb, which grows in your yard, can be used to make delicious baked goods. This product is very juicy and has a pleasant sourness, so it is ideal for stuffing. The easiest option would be to make muffins. which bake quickly enough.
The idea for making muffins with rhubarb is published on the page of food blogger Catherine Kudliak(recepty_przepisy) on Instagram. In order for the dough to turn out puffy, you need to prepare it with kefir.
Ingredients for streusel:
- 3 tbsp flour.
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1.5 tbsp. cold butter
Ingredients for the dough:
- 300g flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 180 grams of room temperature kefir
- 130g melted butter
- 180 g rhubarb
- 100g any berries
Method of preparation:
1. For the streusel, combine the flour and sugar in a bowl, knead, add the cold butter, and grind with your hands to a crumb.
2. Place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
3. For the dough, combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl, knead with a whisk. Separately, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar, kefir, butter, mix until smooth.
4. Pour in the dry ingredients, stir to avoid lumps of flour.
5. At the end add the chopped rhubarb, stir again.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: