Delicious apricot tea galette: the dough is very crispy
Seasonal apricots are a great base for making delicious home baked goods. A successful option would be to make a galette. The dough turns out very crisp and flavorful. The fruits inside do not disintegrate and hold their shape, because starch is added to them.
Ingredients for the base:
- 140 g butter (72.5%)
- 215 g flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 45 g cold milk
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for the filling:
- 300-400 g peeled apricots
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk to grease the sides + if desired flaked almonds
Method of preparation:
1. Add a pinch of salt, sugar and cold butter to the flour and grate coarsely. Using your hands, rub into crumbs.
2. Add cold milk or water. Mix the dough and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Place the dough on parchment, sprinkle a little flour to prevent it from sticking. Roll out the dough into a circle, half a centimeter thick.
4. Sprinkle the starch in the center of the dough and place the apricots, which have been peeled beforehand, on it. If the apricots are not sweet enough, sprinkle a little more vanilla sugar over them. Fold over the edges to form a galette.
5. Brush the sides with egg yolk, if desired you can still decorate with almond petals.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 35-45 minutes until browned. Let cool completely and can be served.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: