Crispy zucchini nuggets: tastier than potato nuggets
Seasonal zucchini are very versatile and budget-friendly, so they make a great base for many dishes. For example, crispy nuggets. They will turn out much healthier than potato ones. Plus, they are cooked in the oven.
- 2 medium zucchini (400g) + 1 tsp. salt
- 80g bread crumbs
- 50 g hard cheese
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. dried garlic
- 3 eggs
Ingredients for sauce (or you can buy ready-made garlic sauce):
- sour cream/mayonnaise
Method of preparation:
1. Wash the zucchini and cut into slices.
2. Add salt, stir and leave for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs, sweet paprika, dried garlic and finely grated cheese.
4. First dip zucchini in flour, and then in egg and breading mixture.
5. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake at 200 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
7. For the sauce mix all the ingredients and serve with hot nuggets.