Cobbler with peaches: how to prepare an exquisite American pie
Cobbler is a pie of American cuisine. It was traditionally cooked with meat. However, over time, housewives diversified the dish, supplementing it with fruit and berries.
Ingredients for the filling:
- butter - 60 g
- peaches - 8 pcs
- brown sugar - 115 g
- orange juice - 60 ml
- starch - 1 tsp.
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp.
- ground cinnamon - 1\2 tsp.
Ingredients for the dough:
- flour - 200 g
- white sugar - 70 g
- leavening agent - 2 tsp.
- milk - 240 ml
- melted butter - 120 g
- zest of 1 lemon
Method of preparation:
1. Wash, peel and slice the peaches. Place them in a heated pan with oil. Add sugar and ground cinnamon and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
2. Dissolve the starch in the orange juice and add to the peaches. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Transfer the prepared peach mixture to the baking dish.
4. To prepare the dough, mix the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, lemon zest, leavening powder and salt. Add milk and melted butter and knead the dough.
5. Put the resulting dough over the peaches.
6. Bake the pie at 180 degrees for 45-50 minutes. When ready, cool it for 15-20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy your appetite!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: