Cilbir: how to make Turkish eggs for breakfast
Cilbir is a traditional Turkish-style scrambled egg. It is a poached egg served with yogurt sauce and crispy toast. This dish is over five centuries old. It is said that at one time it helped Sultan Murad in his difficult battles.
- eggs - 2 pcs.
- vinegar - 1 tbsp.
- butter - 2 tbsp.
- chili pepper flakes - 1-2 tsp.
- ground cumin - 1/2 tsp.
- natural yogurt - 300 g
- garlic - 1 clove
- dill - 1-2 sprigs
- lemon juice - 2 tsp.
- salt, pepper
Method of preparation:
1. First boil the poached eggs. To do this, bring the water in a pot to a boil, add vinegar and turn down the heat. One egg at a time, gently break the eggs into a cup and pour them into the pan, making a funnel in the water. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove the eggs with a skimmer. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
2. For the yogurt mixture, mix the yogurt, chopped dill, garlic, lemon juice and spices. Stir to combine.
3. For the spice butter, melt the butter in a pan and add the spices to it. Cook for a few minutes.
4. Spread the poached eggs in the yogurt mixture and drizzle with spicy butter. Serve with toast. Bon appetit!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: