Beet caviar for winter: recipe for a tasty appetizer and dressing for borscht
Beet is used to prepare not only salad and borscht but also an appetizer. It can be the best caviar as well. It is traditionally prepared for winter and used as a dressing for first courses or eaten immediately with bread.
- raw beets - 2 kg
- bell pepper - 8-10 pcs
- carrots - 7 pcs
- onion - 5-6 pcs
- store tomato juice - 1 liter
- tomato paste - 3 tbsp. l.
- hot chili pepper - 2 pcs
- bay leaf - 3 pcs
- ground black pepper
- vinegar - 70 g
- oil - 100 g
- peas - 7 peas
Method of preparation:
1. Beets should be cleaned and ground with a meat grinder. The resulting vegetable mass should be transferred to a deep bowl and stewed with oil and vinegar.
2. Grate carrots on a large grater, cut onions and peppers into cubes. The prepared vegetables should be fried separately and added to the beets.
3. Add juice, tomato paste, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt and pepper to the mixture. Stew over low heat for 30 minutes.
4. Crush the hot pepper with a blender and add to the mixture. Stew for another 10 minutes and remove from the heat.
5. The hot mass should be placed in sterile jars and sterilized from the moment of boiling for 30 minutes.
6. Add 1 tsp. vinegar to each jar and seal tightly with lids. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: