A versatile pesto sauce for soups, salads and sandwiches: can be frozen for the winter
Homemade pesto sauce is a universal dressing for various salads, an excellent addition to soups and borscht. It is very convenient to freeze such a preparation and add to dishes at any time. The flavor of such a sauce will pleasantly surprise you.
The idea of preparing a universal pesto sauce is published on the page of food blogger Julia with the nickname juli_co.ok in Instagram. For the base you can take not only traditional basil, but also a mixture of different herbs.
- 150-200 g green basil (you can parsley, spinach, and a mixture of both)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 40 g hard cheese
- 2-3 tbsp. nuts (choose according to taste)
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil (adjust consistency)
- salt to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse and dry the greens well.
2. Peel the garlic.
3. Cut the cheese into manageable chunks.
4. Peel the nuts.
5. Whisk everything together in a blender.
6. Store in a clean jar in the refrigerator. Add to soup, borscht, spread on bread.
7. You can freeze for the winter in a clean glass container.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: