A light and tasty avocado toast with halloumi cheese and lime honey
Avocado is the perfect base for a light and hearty snack. It's also spectacular and original. Combine toasted cheese, avocado and lime honey on crusty toasted bread and you will be surprised by the taste.
- 2 slices of savory bread (drizzle olive oil on one side)
- 1 large or 2 ripe avocados
- 120 g raw halloumi
- 1-2 columns of green onions
- Salt, pepper, garlic, parsley - to taste
Ingredients for lime honey:
- 2 tbsp. liquid honey
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- salt, pepper
Method of preparation:
1. Make toast by placing on a pan with sides sprinkled with butter.
2. Slice halloumi into 3mm slices.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the lime honey.
4. Crush the avocado.
5. Slice onion. Salt and pepper.
6. Remove the bread and place halloumi in the same pan.
7. Grill the cheese until caramelized on both sides.
8. Turn off the heat and pour the lime honey over the cheese.
9. Spread avocado on toast, add cheese and drizzle with remaining sauce from the pan. Sprinkle with parsley.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: