5-minute strawberry jam with whole berries
The peculiarity of 5-minute strawberry jam is that the berries are boiled for five minutes and insisted in their juice for 2-3 days. Thus, the syrup will become quite thick and the berries will retain their shape and remain intact.
FoodOboz editorial staff will share with you the most successful recipe for 5-minute strawberry jam.
Ingredients for 2.5 liters of jam:
- strawberries - 2 kg
- sugar - 1 kg
Method of preparation:
1. Wash strawberries and remove tails. Transfer to a deep bowl.
2. Pour sugar over and leave overnight to insist.
3. Transfer them to a saucepan and cook on low heat until the sugar dissolves.
4. When the sugar has dissolved, increase the heat and boil the jam for another 5 minutes.
5. Cool the dish and let insist for 1 day. Repeat this procedure 2-3 more times.
6. Pour the jam into sterile jars and seal with lids. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: