At sea with children: which resort is better to choose
Travelling with children is a great opportunity to relax with the whole family, to be filled with emotions and have a good time. But there are nuances. The first difficulties arise even before the start of the vacation, when you need to choose a tour. Many parents do not know which resort can offer them a variety of attractions and services for kids. So we picked the three best destinations for family tourism.
Maui (Hawaii, USA)
Maui is the perfect island for vacationing with young children. Here you can enjoy great beaches with clean sand and warm water, and find many family-friendly facilities with a variety of entertainment programs.
Where to go with kids in Maui:
- Beaches: Maui is famous for its beautiful beaches, which are great for children. For example, Kaanapali Beach or Napili Bay have calm waters and shallow areas perfect for playing and swimming with your baby. Do not forget to bring toys and swimming accessories.
- A luau would be an unusual vacation option. Attending a traditional Hawaiian party can be an exciting experience for children. They will see dancing, fire shows, and taste the local cuisine. Reservations should be made in advance for the luau, as they are very popular with tourists.
- Maui Ocean Center is an aquarium of incredible size, where children can see a variety of marine life. Sharks, coral reefs, fish, and other sea creatures are represented here. There are also interactive presentations and shows at this oceanarium.
- Maui Tropical Plantation is a great place to take your child for a walk. You can visit a farm with tropical plants, ride bicycles or trolleys, see pineapple production and taste fresh tropical fruits.
- Iao Valley State Park has striking views and natural trails suitable for family outings.
Cancun is also a great place for your family vacation. There are children's pools, water slides, clubs and entertainment programs for the little ones. In addition, you can visit the beautiful beaches and national parks.
Where to go with kids in Cancun:
- Interactive Aquarium Cancun is a place where children can see many sea creatures, such as reef fish, sharks, dolphins, sea turtles, etc. There are also shows and presentations where marine life is presented in an interesting way.
- Xcaret Park is a large ecological park with an amazing selection of water activities, exciting underwater rivers, exotic animals and an amusement park. It also hosts days of traditional Mexican culture.
- Delphinus Riviera Maya is ideal if your child dreams of swimming with dolphins. Here you can play with these sea creatures, feed them and even swim next to them. There are also various shows that take place here.
- Parque de las Palapas is where children can enjoy the park environment and a variety of activities. There are usually musical performances, dances, plays, and other interesting events. There are also rides and many stands with local food.
- El Rey Ruins are ancient Mayan ruins. They are of historical value and allow children to learn more about this culture by looking at the remains of ancient structures and artifacts.
Costa del Sol (Spain)
The Costa del Sol region of Spain is known for its family resorts. Here you will find specially equipped beaches for children with comfortable conditions and safe water activities. Also available are a variety of hobby clubs and attractions that provide entertainment for children.
Where to go with children on the Costa del Sol:
- Ponies Park is located in the city of Benalmadén. It offers many activities for children and adults. There are rides, swings, water slides, picnic areas and play areas where your family can have fun.
- Water parks are another good option for outdoor activities. The Costa del Sol has several such entertainment centers, particularly Aqualand Torremolinos and Aquamijas, where children can enjoy water slides, wave pools, fountains and play areas.
- Selwo Marina is a magnificent oceanarium that features a variety of marine animals, such as dolphins, penguins, and many others. There are also shows and other entertainment events where children can learn a lot about ocean life.
- Butterfly Park is located in the city of Benalmaden. Here you can observe different species of butterflies and study them. It is a fascinating place where your whole family can get close to nature.
- Sea Life Benalmadena is an aquarium that offers a unique opportunity to explore and study marine life. Here you can see reefs, fish, sharks and other interesting sea creatures.
Whichever destination for a family vacation you have chosen, ask the tour operator, guide or hotel administrator in advance if there is entertainment for children. Many resorts offer specially equipped play areas, arrange shows and have many other additional services for kids.
Previously OBOZREVATEL told about the budget beach resorts.