What is khashlama and how to cook a hearty and tasty dish: we share an original recipe
Khashlama is a dish of Armenian and Georgian cuisine, which is made with beef, fatty lamb, veal and other meat, vegetables, and stewed almost in its own juice, with a small amount of liquid, spices and garlic.
Tip: the dish is not stirred during cooking!
- pork (meat ribs or tenderloin, you can use both) - 1.5 kg
- oil for frying
- potatoes - 6-7 pcs
- eggplants - 2 pcs
- sweet pepper - 3 pcs
- tomatoes - 5-6 pcs
- carrots - 1-2 pcs
- onions - 2 pcs
- garlic - 5-6 cloves
- water - 500 ml
- spices: salt, pepper, favorite - to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Cut the meat into large pieces. Heat a frying pan with a little oil. Put the meat, sprinkle with spices and fry the meat until golden brown over high heat. Turn off and set aside.
2. Salt the meat, put a layer of onion, cut into coarse half rings, on top. Next, a layer of carrots and garlic, also cut into large pieces, then a layer of chopped potatoes, salt and pepper. Then a layer of coarsely chopped peppers, eggplant, salt and pepper. A layer of cherry tomatoes, or you can cut into 4 regular tomatoes. Pour in the water, cover and bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 hours.
3. Add grated garlic, mix gently, remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
Serve with finely chopped herbs!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can find recipes for