The perfect batter for thin pancakes that won't fall apart
Thin pancakes can be used as a base for making appetizers in the form of salt cakes and rolls. To prevent the pancakes from falling apart, cooks recommend adding vegetable oil and only 2 eggs to the batter.
- room temperature kefir - a glass half-liter jar
- eggs - 2 pcs.
- sugar - 2 tbsp.
- salt - a pinch
- flour - 200 g
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp.
- water - 1 tbsp. + to adjust the density of the batter
- butter - 3 tbsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Pour kefir into a bowl, add eggs, sugar and salt and mix well with a whisk. Sift the flour and mix until homogeneous so that are no lumps (you can use a mixer). Cover with a towel and leave for 1 hour.
2. Pour 1 tbsp of water into the baking soda and add it to the batter. Pour vegetable oil into the batter and mix. If the dough is very thick, add a little water for the desired consistency.
3. Fry thin pancakes on both sides on a well-heated, oiled pan until golden.
You can use any filling for pancakes!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can find recipes: