Tastier than meat: baked eggplant chops in a crispy batter
Eggplant is a versatile vegetable that can be the basis for delicious warm salads, as well as spicy caviar for the winter and canned salads. They can also be stuffed, baked, salted, and pickled.
- Eggplant - 1 pc.
- water - 50 ml
- vegetable oil - 30 ml
- finely ground corn grits - 1 tbsp.
- flour - 2-4 tbsp
- soy sauce - 1 tbsp.
- breadcrumbs - 5 tbsp.
- honey -1 tsp.
- dried garlic - 1/2 tsp.
- cumin -1/4 tsp.
- red or black pepper - a pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Cut the eggplant into slices.
2. Mix the breadcrumbs with the corn flour and spices.
3. Mix water with oil, soy sauce, honey and spices.
4. Dip the eggplant in the flour, then in the liquid water mixture, then in the breadcrumbs and cornmeal.
5. Put on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and bake for 30-35 minutes in the oven at 180 C.
The finished dish will be delicious hot and cold!
You can also find more recipes on OBOZREVATEL: