Summer white borscht with sausage and cream: an original recipe for a delicious dish
Borscht is a traditional Ukrainian dish, which is usually prepared with beets, meat broth, beans and vegetables. In summer, this dish can be prepared without beets, but with sorrel, eggs and herbs, as well as cold. It will be still very tasty to prepare this dish with leeks, cream, and sausage. It is served with grated horseradish and herbs.
- Krakow sausage - 1 ring (about 500g)
- leek - 1 onion (or 1-2 onions)
- potatoes - 5-6 pcs.
- garlic - 4 cloves.
- butter - 2 tbsp. tbsp.
- 10-15% cream - 330 ml
- flour - 3 tbsp.
- boiled eggs for serving
- broth or water - 2.5 liters
- bay leaf, allspice, spices (Mediterranean herbs or marjoram), salt
- horseradish root
- fresh herbs
Method of preparation:
1. Cut onions into rings, mince garlic and dice potatoes. Fry the onion in butter directly in the pot, add garlic and then potatoes in a few minutes.
2. Fry over low heat for a few minutes and pour broth or water. Add spices, salt, bay leaf and pepper. Cook under a lid for 15-20 minutes after boiling. Take out the bay leaf and pepper and blend with a blender.
3. Slice the sausage and fry in a dry frying pan for a few minutes.
4. Mix the cream with the flour and pour into the soup. Add sausage and heat the borscht over low heat for 5 minutes.
Serve white borscht with fresh herbs, grated horseradish and boiled egg!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: