Minimum sugar: thick strawberry jam in 3 minutes
Every housewife knows how to make strawberry jam. It is worth noting that it can be cooked in different ways: boiled and cooked without sterilization.
- strawberries - 1 kg
- sugar - 0,5 kg
- citric acid - 1/3 of tsp.
- Dr Oetker Yellowfix 2:1
Method of preparation:
1. Wash and dry the strawberries or other berries well. Remove the stems.
2. Chop 2/3 of the berries in a blender. Cut 1/3 into small slices.
3. Mix gelatin with 2 tablespoons sugar, add to the berry mixture, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for about 3 more minutes on a low heat.
4. Add the remaining sugar and citric acid to taste to balance the sweetness of the jam. Boil for another 3 minutes on low heat, skimming off the foam.
5. Remove the ready jam from the fire and immediately spread it into dry, presterilized jars, preserve it and turn the jars upside down.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read recipes: