Delicious liver pâté: what to do to make it not bitter
If you want to make a delicious and simple snack for Easter, liver pâté is ideal. It can be served directly in a plate or make a roll. The liver will not be bitter - for this you need to make a few simple manipulations with it.
The idea for the tender liver pate with spices is published on the page of food blogger Oksana Kretsul(oksana_kretsul) on Instagram. The meat should be soaked in milk before cooking.
- chicken liver - 630-650 grams (raw)
- carrots - 400 grams
- onion - 500 grams
- butter (82.5%) - 1/2 package (90 grams) + extra for rolls
- spices: salt, pepper, sweet paprika (3-4 spoons inside + outside)
- milk (for soaking the liver)
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse the liver under running water and soak it in milk for an hour.
2. Boil the liver in boiling water (without salt) for no more than 15 minutes, so that it does not become tough. Check the readiness with a knife.
3. Cool the liver completely.
4. Cut the onion into half rings and fry in olive oil. Add chopped or grated carrots. Add all the spices and salt.
5. Cover the carrots and onions with a lid and stew until the carrots are soft. At the end, you can remove the lid and brown a little.
6. Allow the vegetables to cool completely.
7. Clean the liver from the veins, add it to the blender along with the carrots and onions, whisk until smooth.
8. Add the soft butter and beat again.
9. Place the pâté in small molds and sprinkle with sweet paprika, leave for a few hours in the refrigerator.
10. Or make a roll: put pâté on greased parchment, add butter inside and twist a roll. Let stand overnight in the fridge. Sprinkle with sweet paprika or sesame seeds before serving.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: