How to make homemade hard cheese in 20 minutes: recipe
Hard cheese is very easy to make at home. Traditionally, it is made from homemade cottage cheese, milk or sour cream. If desired, the product can be supplemented with herbs and even nuts.
- cottage cheese (not store-bought) - 1 kg
- home milk (not pasteurized) - 1 l
- egg - 1 pc
- salt - 1 tsp.
- baking soda - 1 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. First, pour the milk into a saucepan and add the cottage cheese. Place on the fire and bring to a boil.
2. As soon as the mass comes to a boil, remove from the stove and strain through a sieve. All the liquid from the cottage cheese should be sure to drain.
3. Add an egg yolk, salt and nutmeg to the strained cheese. Place on the heat and cook until the cottage cheese has melted.
4. Add baking soda and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
5. After this, remove the cheese from the heat, transfer it to a mold and let it cool. Then put it in the fridge and leave it like this overnight. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: