Undefeated Ukrainian boxer named the key mistake of Lomachenko in his fight with Haney
Famous Ukrainian welterweight contender Taras Shelestyuk (19-0-1, 13 KOs), commenting on the fight between Vasyl Lomachenko and Devin Haney, believes that Vasya's team made several mistakes. At the same time, Shelestyuk considers the most bizarre one to be the submission of the last round, in which Lomachenko failed to totally dominate and at least try to knock out Haney.
Taras on his Youtube channel lays out all the components of Lomachenko's defeat point by point.
- Vasya didn't do enough to take away the world title and make his dream come true.
- Devin Haynie had the strongest fight.
- It is unclear why Lomachenko and his team again gave up the 12th round - you could say the decisive round - because the fight was very even.
- Devin Haney is a young boxer who will be making money for years to come for those involved in his fights.
- This is not a robbery, as Lomachenko's team and Vasya himself make it out to be. The fight was very even and 115-113 in favor of Haney is also a normal result. Lomachenko, in order to win, Lomachenko needed to dominate this fight.
Shelestyuk recalled that after the tenth round he wrote his prediction on social media.
"I wrote then that if Loma doesn't knock Haney down, they won't give him the win on points. That's how it turned out," the boxer summed it up.
We would remind, the lightweight fight between Haney and Lomachenko at MGM Grand Garden Arena went all 12 rounds and ended by unanimous decision of the judges 116-112, 115-113, 115-113 in favor of the American. It should be noted that the judges' notes, which were published after the fight, caused heated disputes among experts and fans.
Lomachenko's team announced that they are filing a protest against the result of the fight. In addition, the fight's punching stats confirm that the Ukrainian won at least five rounds.