Why syrniki fall apart in the pan: never cook them like this
Such an ordinary dish as syrniki is actually quite difficult to prepare. They often burn or stick to the pan and fall apart. There are several reasons for this phenomenon.
The FoodOboz editorial team will tell you why you can't make high-quality syrniki. There are several important points to consider.
Why syrniki fall apart during cooking
1. The quality of the products depends on the kind of dough you make. The mass will fall apart if there are no eggs or too few of them.
2. Also, the dough will not be dense if it does not contain flour or semolina - these components absorb excess liquid.
3. If you want the syrniki to hold their shape, don't add too much sugar to the dough. This ingredient softens the cottage cheese very much, and the products simply spread.
4. An excessive amount of milk or sour cream also makes the mass very liquid. Alternatively, you can add a little more semolina to thicken the mass. Just 3-4 tablespoons will be enough. Leave it for 20 minutes.
5. Do not use starch, as it will only spoil the syrniki.
What to do if the dough sticks to your hands
1. If the dough is sticky, moisten your hands with cold water or oil, and then shape the products.
2. Sprinkle the already formed syrniki with flour. Do not use semolina, as it will start to burn.
You can also find recipes on OBOZ.UA: