How to make healthy cottage cheese at home
Cottage cheese is a very healthy product that can be eaten on its own, added to pies, cakes, desserts, casseroles, and cheesecakes. At the same time, it is very easy to prepare at home using only two main ingredients.
- milk (regular, not ultra-pasteurized) - 3 liters
- apple cider vinegar 5% - 5-6 tbsp
- lemon juice if desired
Method of preparation:
1. First, pour milk into a saucepan and put it on medium heat. Heat until slightly hot.
2. When the milk is slightly hot, gradually add the juice of one lemon and apple cider vinegar. It is important to pay attention to the consistency of the milk: if curd begins to separate, stop adding sour ingredients, just constantly stir the liquid.
3. When the mass boils, strain everything through a colander and leave it in cheesecloth for 1.5-2 hours. During this time, all the whey should drain off completely and the curd will be ready to eat. It's ready!
Earlier, OBOZ.UA reported on the top 7 cottage cheese breakfasts.