How to cook meat gravy with flour so there are no lumps
Gravy is a great addition to cereals, pasta, mashed potatoes, and dumplings. It's usually made with meat or mushrooms and is supplemented with flour to make it thick. However, if added incorrectly, the ingredient can get lumpy.
- meat - 500 g
- onion - 1 pc
- carrot - 1 pc
- salt, pepper, bay leaves, allspice
- fat sour cream - 100 g
- garlic - 1 head
Method of preparation:
1. First, chop onions and carrots. Fry the vegetables with bay leaves until soft.
2. Chop and add meat to the vegetables. Add salt, pepper, and water. Stir and bring the meat to full readiness.
3. Sprinkle flour on top. But keep in mind that you need to evaporate all the moisture from the pan before adding the ingredient so that the meat and vegetables are dry. This is the main secret. As soon as you add the flour, you need to mix everything so that it is absorbed by the meat.
4. Next, add a little water or broth, stir, and cook until thick. At the end, you can add sour cream and garlic. Enjoy your meal!
Earlier, OBOZ.UA reported how to cook the most delicious gravy from the U.S.S.R.