What is Arancini: a recipe for a savory dish with tomato sauce for dinner
Arancini is a delicious Italian street food based on rice. For a bright flavor, add pesto sauce to the rice, and add cheese when preparing the appetizer.
- Olive oil - 24 ml
- Shallots - 1 pc
- Arborio rice - 270 g
- Salt - a pinch
- Suluguni or mozzarella cheese - 150 g
Marinara tomato sauce:
- Tomatoes in juice - 400 g
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Oil - 15 ml
- Red wine - 50 ml
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Dry oregano - 1 tsp
- Chili pepper, flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Salt, pepper - to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Sauce: chop the garlic and fry in vegetable oil. Add the tomatoes and stir, add the spice mixture, wine and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Cook the rice, add the pesto sauce, salt, mix and cool the rice.
3. Beat the eggs. Cut the cheese.
4. Make balls of rice, put the cheese inside, roll the balls in the egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and fry in plenty of oil.
You can also find recipes on OBOZ.UA: