"Padded cabbage" comes from Transcarpathia: it makes a delicious lunch
"Padded cabbage" is a rich vegetable soup that is most often prepared in Zakarpattia. It contains a lot of vegetables and herbs. Its consistency is quite thick. It is ideal for a hearty lunch.
- 3 potatoes (dice)
- 1 onion (chop)
- half of the cabbage
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1 liter of water
- 200 g of fatty sour cream
- salt and pepper - to taste
- garlic clove - optional
Method of preparation:
1. Fry the onion and garlic in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
2. Add flour and cook until light golden, stirring occasionally.
3. Add paprika and boiling water.
4. Add the potatoes and cabbage, cook after boiling, stirring occasionally for 12-15 minutes, until the potatoes are ready.
5. Add sour cream, stir and serve to the table, sprinkled with herbs.
You can also find recipes on OBOZ.UA: