How to quickly sterilize jars and lids for canning: the most effective way
The quality of any preservation depends most of all on sterilization. You should wash the jars and lids as thoroughly as possible to prevent germs from getting inside. To do this, you need to follow the following technology.
The FoodOboz editorial team will tell you about the most effective way to sterilize. For this, you will need vinegar.
Technology for sterilization of jars and lids
1. Rinse the jars and lids thoroughly with plain water.
2. Pour approximately 150 grams of vinegar into each jar.
3. Thoroughly rinse the liquid in the container for thirty minutes. Do not forget to close the lid.
4. This vinegar can be poured into other jars, replenishing the contents slightly.
5. After sterilizing all the jars, put the fruit in them. Do not tighten the lids - just cover the jars with them.
6. Place a towel in the bottom of a large pot.
7. Place the jars in the pot and pour water almost to the top of the jars.
8. After it's done boiling, wait for 15 minutes.
9. Remove the jars and let them cool down.
10. Close the lids and put them in storage.
Earlier, OBOZ.UA reported on where to store canned food for the winter if there is no cellar