Delicate liver pate with a special ingredient: the taste will pleasantly surprise you
Delicate liver pate is an ideal appetizer for a festive table or just a hearty snack. In the classic version, meat is combined with vegetables, apple, and spices. But juicy berries add a special flavor to the dish.
The idea of making a flavorful liver pate with berries was published on the Instagram page of food blogger Natalia with the nickname talli_sun. You don't need to soak the liver, because the bitter taste is neutralized in combination with other ingredients.
- chicken liver - 500 g
- onion - 1 pc
- carrot - 1 pc
- apple - 1 pc
- butter - 50-60 g
- cream - 150 ml
- salt, pepper
- cherries (black currants, cranberries or other berries to your taste) - 300 g
- sugar - 1-1.5 tbsp
- corn starch - 1 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Wash the liver, remove all the excess, cut the onion into medium slices, cut the carrot and apple into small cubes.
2. Put a little butter in a baking dish, top with the liver, onion, carrot, and apple.
3. Salt, pepper, add more oil and put in the oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
4. Add the cream and return to the oven.
5. Cook for another 15-20 minutes (check the liver for doneness).
6. Remove, let cool slightly, and beat with a blender until smooth.
7. Put the cherries (or other fruits and berries) in a frying pan or saucepan, add sugar and starch and cook until thickened.
You can also find recipes on OBOZ.UA: