Crispy lemon cookies: how to make a bright yellow color
Lemon cookies are moderately sweet and have a pleasant flavor. Lemon juice is added not only for a slight sourness, but also for the crispy texture of the baked dough. For a bright yellow color, add turmeric.
- butter - 100 g
- flour - 340 g
- baking powder - 1 tsp.
- sugar - 100 g
- eggs - 2 pcs.
- zest of 1 lemon
- lemon juice - 40 ml
- turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- powdered sugar
Method of preparation:
1. Beat the butter at room temperature with a mixer with sugar until smooth.
2. Add the eggs, lemon zest and juice, turmeric, and beat together.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder.
4. Knead a homogeneous dough.
5. Wrap in cling film or put in a bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Form small balls from the finished dough, dip in powdered sugar and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
7. Bake in a preheated 180° oven for 20 minutes (rely on your oven).