What to make with pita bread for a snack: the recipe for the original Eka dish
Eka (yoka) is a delicious and light dish made of pita bread, cheese and eggs that can be prepared with sausages, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, cheese, fish, meat and vegetables. It can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner.
- pita bread
- cheese (ideally suluguni or mozzarella, but you can take any)
- eggs - 3 pcs.
- flavorless sour cream or yogurt
- cilantro/dill/parsley/green onions (choose the greens you like)
- salt, spices - to taste
For the batter:
- 2 eggs + 2 tbsp. water
Method of preparation:
1. Grate cheese and boiled eggs, add chopped other ingredients for the filling, chopped herbs, a little sour cream or yogurt, mix, salt and add spices to taste.
2. Take the pita bread, moisten it a little under water, put the filling and roll it up like a pancake.
3. For the batter: beat the eggs with water. Dip the pieces in the batter on all sides and cook in a preheated frying pan with vegetable oil, medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
You can also find recipes on OBOZ.UA: