How to cook couscous properly without boiling so that it does not turn into mush
Couscous is an ideal cereal for making healthy porridge, soup, and even salads. It is worth noting that couscous is prepared without cooking, you just have to pour boiling water over it.
- hot water 98 C
- salt - a pinch
- onions (shallots, if available)
- hot pepper
- mint leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- almond flakes
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
Method of preparation:
1. Add salt and oil to couscous, cover with hot water (it should be at least 98 C) 1 cm from the top. Cover with foil and let stand for 20 minutes.
2. Pour oil into a frying pan. Fry cherry tomatoes for 4-5 minutes until they are well browned and remove.
3. Add coriander to the same pan. Fry it so that it gives a little flavor to the oil. Add onion, pepper, and almond flakes and saute all.
4. Add the couscous and fry. Add lemon juice and zest when serving!
You can also find more recipes on OBOZ.UA: